Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Pale Rider


There are four horsemen in the apocalypse. One on a white horse for dominion and stability, one on a red horse for war, one on a black horse for justice, and one on a pale horse for death. We know them all well, the four riders. They shadow us all as do the angels. But whereas the angels represent eternal power and solace, these four represent the power of mortal mind and all that is transient. 

The four horsemen have no power save the power we bestow on them. Not that we can avoid them. Someday the pale rider will take you and I. But he has no true power unless we give him power over us. 

"God bless my enemies; make them Thy friends; give them to know the joy and the peace of love" - so said Mary Baker Eddy. 

I cannot say I like any of the four horsemen particularly, not even justice for justice is so often cruel and arbitrary. They are enemies, but enemies with whom I am familiar and so they are my friends. I can live with them and they cannot touch the eternal me that stands in power and at peace with the angels. Nor can they touch you. Not if you are unafraid of them. Fear is evil. "You can conquer almost any fear if you will make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind" - Dale Carnegie.

No comments:

Post a Comment